Below are the questions and my answers. I’ve also embedded the video below in case you would rather listen and see some of the products I mention rather than read about them. I’m tagging everyone that reads this to do the tag, so write your answers in a comment, or tweet me a link to your blog or video so I can check it out!Here we go:
This season appropriate tag was created by itsmelexie1 and has been doing the rounds on YouTube so I thought I would share it on my blog as well.
1. Favourite Candle Scent – Cinnamon Stick by Yankee Candle is what I have been burning all autumn long but just recently (read: last weekend) I picked up a new candle from the same brand called Fireside Treats and it smells so delicious! Like s’mores, all chocolaty and gooey melted marshmallow goodness. It makes me hungry every time I burn it and it has become my new favourite!
2. Coffee, tea or hot chocolate – I will have to say tea, of the lemon green tea from Tetley variety, as I don’t like coffee and I’m lactose intolerant so can’t have hot chocolate ?
3. What’s the best fall memory you have – I have a terrible memory and can barely remember last weekend, let alone anything else. I guess in general it has to be the changing of the season. The weather turning cold and crisp, wrapping up warm in coats and scarves to take a walk through the woods and see all the pretty colours the leaves are turning. Then coming home and having a cup of tea to warm up again.
4. Which makeup trend do you prefer: dark lips or winged eyeliner – I’m not fantastic at winged liner so I would have to say darker lips, which is something that I’ve been getting into more recently. I have a video on my favourite fall lip colours which you can watch here if you want to know what I’ve been reaching for.
5. Best fragrance for fall – I love busting out my Calvin Klein Euphoria this time of year. It’s on the heavier side, scent wise, so I tend to save it for evenings out but when the weather turns colder I feel like I can get away with it during the daytime.
6. Favourite Thanksgiving food – We don’t celebrate Thanksgiving in the UK but I tend to have more roasts around this time of year and my favourite part of a roast dinner is the roast potatoes and yorkshire puddings. (Side note: I made my first ever roast dinner last weekend and it was delicious #proud!)
7. What is autumn weather like where you live – Like I said, I’m from the UK and the weather is pretty miserable here almost year round but in the autumn it gets very cold, very dark and very wet.
8. Most worn sweater – This year it’s been that one that in the title picture above. I wore it a lot last year but had completely forgotten about it until I was rooting through my jumper drawer the other month and found it again.
9. Must-have nail polish this fall – Essie Bordeaux. I don’t even have to think about it! If you want to know some of my other top picks for this season you can watch this video.
10. Football games or jumping in leaf piles – Jumping in leaf piles sounds pretty fun.
11. Skinny jeans or leggings – I’ve only just started getting into wearing leggings and still feel more comfortable in skinny jeans so I’d have to go with the jeans.
12. Combat boots or Uggs – I don’t own either but if I had to pick I think I would probably wear combat boots more outside of the house. I’ll save the Uggs for inside.
13. Is pumpkin spice worth the hype – I’m still not sure what this actually is, so I have no idea. If anyone can enlighten me leave me a comment!
14. Favourite fall TV show – The Vampire Diaries. I’ve been a fan of this show for years now and it’s full of rich dark colours and a great storyline, plus sexy vampires, what’s not to like?!
15. What song gets you into the fall spirit – I don’t have a song, I have an album and it is Taylor Swift’s Red album. It came out around the fall time last year and I listened to it endlessly so now it always reminds me of fall.
That was all the questions, like I said, leave your answers in a comment or tweet me a link to your blog or video if you want to do this tag. My video is below for your viewing pleasure!