Happy New Year! I hope you all had a great New Years Eve and aren’t feeling too worse for wear today. I thought to kick off the new year I would post my new years goals for 2016. I don’t like to call them resolutions as, to me, it sounds like you’re having to give something up, which makes you feel like you are missing out on something rather than looking forward to something. I have 3 big main goals for this year and they break down into lots of little sections. I don’t want to bore you to tears by typing everything out, so without further ado, here are my New Years Goals plus a few of the ways I am going to begin working towards them at the start of this year:
Get Myself Healthy
My health issues are more mental than along the usual lines of losing weight, so to start off with I will:
– Focus more on nutrition than exercise – including more fruits, vegetables and salads into my meals
– Drink at least 2 litres of water a day (and I have a handy little app to help me keep track throughout the day!)
– List 2 things I’m grateful for every day
– Repeat positive affirmations daily
– Meditate for 10 minutes every evening
– Read 5 nights a week (my aim is to read 10 books this year)
– Get 7 hours sleep a night (going to bed and waking up at roughly the same time each day)
– Just focus on tasks I can get done on that day rather than having one massive “to do” list to work from
Make a Part-Time Income from Creative Pursuits
– Continue posting one video and blogpost a week
– Get to grips with WordPress!
– Brainstorm quality content that will benefit my viewers
– Log my stats monthly
– Connect with other bloggers and youtubers
– Learn the basics of my camera to improve the quality of my photos and videos
– Practise my photography out in the world
Improve My Relationships
With me focusing on the above and Ben having just gone self-employed, I want to make sure we are not neglecting each other. I also want to ensure I make time to fit in seeing friends and family:
– Wednesday evenings = mine and Bens evening at home together
– Friday evenings = game nights with Ben and/or friends and family (my brother got us a PS4 for Christmas so we can have fun with that)
– At least one scheduled date night or day per month where Ben and I plan to do something together (meals out, cinema, going to the beach or for long walks etc etc)
– Make the effort to arrange doing something with friends and family (meals out/nights in/drinks, but also squeezing in time to have a quick catch up over a cuppa, or meeting for lunch if we’re already in the city etc)
To help me with a lot of these goals I have decided to start a Bullet Journal. I only recently became aware of bullet journalling and I love the fact that it makes you focus on one day at a time. Also, if you don’t get all those tasks done it makes you think about whether it really needs to be done or whether to just scratch it off your to do list altogether. I’m still waiting for mine to arrive (I ordered the Leuchtturm1917 which should be delivered by the 4th), but once I’ve got it set up and have been using it for a little while I’ll do a video showing you what it’s all about and how I use it. It’s going to be where I track if I’ve drank enough water, meditated, my savings etc as well as house my gratitude log, Blog/YouTube stats and goals amongst other things.
So they are my New Years Goals for 2016! I usually either set myself a big goal with no plan for how to achieve it, or I give myself a million things to do at once, forgetting that I have a whole year to work on things, and end up completely overwhelming myself! This year I have my main goals, which I’ve broken down into different areas and from that I’m giving myself just a few daily/weekly/monthly “tasks” to focus on for the first quarter of the year. From there I’ll reassess, see what’s working and what isn’t and take things from there.
I’d love to know what your goals are for 2016, so please leave them in the comments, and I hope that whatever your goals are, you find ways of making them happen.